- 300 g pumpkin, cubed
- 300 g of red lentils
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 l of water or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- ½ tbsp. ginger
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- salt• pepper
- Yogurt (optional)
- XAKOUSTA croutons
- Pumpkin. Rich in vitamin A and antioxidants.
- Red lentils. (we also had them in our village) Easier to digest than classic lentils and they are cooked in dt time and without soaking.
- Put the olive oil in a saucepan and add the spices, stirring.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and let them come to a boil.
- After it boils, lower the heat, cover and let it boil for 20-30 minutes, stirring often.
- When the vegetables have softened so that we can prick them with a fork, they are ready.
- Puree with a blender or food processor and serve hot with Xakousta croutons and optionally yogurt.